Resolved, that the 109th Convention of the Diocese of Southern Ohio express concern about the brutality and oppression being afflicted on the peoples of Central Ameria, and offer its prayers and support for our brothers and sisters in Christ and the work of the Central American Church to bear witness to Christ in the face of suffering, persecution and martyrdom; and be it further
Resolved, that an urgent and critical need exists for the people of our Diocese to be informed about the background and issues in the current situations in Central America, in order to formulate opinion and take appropriate actions rooted in and growing from the imperatives of Christian love and moral teaching, and be it further
Resolved, that this Diocese sponsor specific programs for education and challenge designed to increase awareness and responsible Christian commitment by persons and groups within the Diocese for political, material and spiritual action in support of the needs of the Central American peoples, and where applicable, in partnership with the Central American Church. Examples of the issues demanding greater understanding and possible action are:
1) the nature and continuation of military involvement, if any,
2) Human rights practices of the local governments, especially those which the United States supports in the region,
3) Investigation and administration of justice regarding the death and injury of church workers and others,
4) Medical, food and other material relief assistance, and
5) Support to the local churches.