The filing of a consent agenda before a legislative body is a practice of combining routine business and reports that require action into a single agenda item. All the business on a consent agenda is then approved in one action rather than taking the time to file them separately.
The items that appear on this consent agenda are items that are discussed individually at every convention and approved by a voice vote. Grouping these items into a consent agenda will save time in our greatly reduced schedule. It is important to note that any clergy or lay delegate may request that an item be moved off the consent agenda and back on to the main agenda.
Consent agenda for the 144th Annual Convention
1. Rules of Order
2. Convention Agenda
3. Granting Credentials
- In addition to those already granted seat and voice by the Constitution of the diocese, the Chair of the Committee on Credentials moves that this 144th Convention admit with seat and voice the following individuals: our lay Chaplain; our youth delegation; the Sisters of the Community of the Transfiguration; all non-canonically resident clergy licensed to officiate; representatives from our Presbyterian partners at the Indian Hill Church; and the lay members of diocesan staff.
- Article VI, Section I of the Constitution gives seat and voice to several named people, namely Lay Members of the Standing Committee and Diocesan Council, the Lay Deputies to General Convention, the Lay Trustees of the Diocese of Southern Ohio, the Chancellor, the Treasurer of the Diocese and the members of the Executive Board of the Episcopal Church Women of the Diocese. These people automatically have seat and voice. The Chair of the Committee on Credentials therefore moves the aforementioned guests be given seat and voice at this Convention.
5. Appointment of officers of convention
- Convention secretary: Ann Sabo
- Recording Secretary: Sherri Martin
- Timekeeper: Clifton Flemister
- Parliamentarian: The Rev. Richard Schisler
- Chief Teller: Sonja Bronson
- Committee to Approve the Minutes: Jon Boss, Martha Lentz, the Rev. Sallie Schisler
6. Approve annual Committee/Commission reports
7. Approve minutes of the 143rd convention